Saturday, June 5, 2010

I guess I'll post a picture...

Well I haven't shot very much this week since getting back to Baton Rouge, in fact, all I did was shoot the sunrise at Highland Road Park one morning. That's about it. But I figured along with a photo, I'll update whoever reads this on what's on the agenda for me this summer and what's been happening as of late.


I came back to BR May 27th and stayed at Brittni's house for the night. (And then went to see Gloriana, David Nail, Kellie Pickler, Keith Urban, and Taylor Swift at Bayou Country SuperFest in Tiger Stadium with Brittni the next day!! Best concert ever!!) The next day I officially moved into the apartment that I'll be staying at just for the summer. I do have a roommate, her name is Blake. She seems pretty cool, although I don't know too much about her yet. Glad she's clean, she's a good Christian girl with a fun upbeat and outgoing attitude. Nice change of pace from last year.

One thing that's been quite a bummer since moving back is the fact that there aren't many of my friends here in BR for the summer. I've got Brittni, Alyssa, and Katy M. That's about it. (And Blake, but she works a lot.) So this week has been a little lonely, just kinda bumming around the apartment. I've run a few errands, done a lot of reading, and moved several boxes of books and things over to the house that I'll be living in during the Fall. Nothing too earth shattering if you ask me. But when push comes to shove, I don't exactly live a thrilling earth-shattering glamorous type of life. I'm pretty plain and simple. I talk a lot. I read a lot. I take pictures. I love Jesus. Yep. That pretty much sums me up in a nutshell right now.

As I type this I'm actually sitting in the living room watching my LSU Tigers take on UCLA in Los Angeles in the Regionals for baseball. It actually kind of makes me a little nostalgic for Westlake baseball (which in fact, still holds a special place in my heart, perhaps moreso than LSU baseball). I spent so much time at that ballpark, in that dugout with those guys, and on the road with the parents of the class of 2009 and 2010. That was such a special family that I miss dearly. Dang, life was so good in high school. Why did I wish it away so fast? Life lesson: high school is easy. Life is good. College is fun, but don't wish away those precious years in your hometown. Trace Adkins said it best, "you're gonna miss this..." And boy, there are days where I miss it bad.

Guess I should let you know what God has been teaching me as of late. He's been drawing me close as I've been lonely here in BR without my family and most of my friends. I have always struggled with finding my satisfaction and security and affirmation from the people around me, when all the Lord wants is for me to run to HIM in times of crisis. He's teaching me that. Slowly but surely, and it's a painful but oh so beautiful process.

For those of you who are wondering about the Dream Center stuff, turns out I actually don't start working there until next Sunday. (something got off with the schedules, so I'll keep y'all posted on that) The Glazener girls are coming in tomorrow, so I'm very excited to see them and show them around campus! (*crosses fingers* that Alyssa will want to come here!)

Well, I love y'all for reading this, if anybody does, who knows. I'm going to start shooting more, so I'll definitely post/update soon.

Peace,
Eva

No comments:

Post a Comment