Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Campus

So I finally went out and shot some... took me long enough. I guess I got restless enough and remembered why God put a camera in my hand in the first place.

I had the Glazener girls with me at my apartment for the last couple days and I had the awesome opportunity to show Alyssa around as she is going through the college application process. She came to visit LSU, Tulane, and Loyola (and obviously she liked LSU best, I mean, that's a given, right?) Anyways, they made it into Baton Rouge just in time for the first summer Refuge of 2010 on Sunday night, so it was a joy to get the chance to share with them my community and my family here at LSU. And obviously, after church, I had to take them to Coffee Call to get the best beignets in existence (yes, better than Cafe Du Monde in New Orleans!)

The next day was the first day of summer classes for me, so while I was in class, Alyssa and Cathy took 2 tours of LSU (much needed, due to the vast size of the campus... 2500 total acres, 750 acres of principal buildings and highly traveled areas of campus). They left for NoLa that night and visited Tulane and Loyola the next day. But they came back and stayed with me Tuesday night! As soon as they got back into town we went out to eat at Sammy's, which far and away has the best crawfish in Baton Rouge. And one of my dearest friends, Brittni, was our server! Cathy, Alyssa, and I enjoyed good conversation, lots of laughs, and most importantly, some good food. I was sad to see them leave this morning. :(

But getting a chance to show the girls around really caused me to examine how wonderful and beautiful this campus really is, and how truly blessed I am to have the opportunity to attend LSU. The broad live oaks and beautiful magnolia trees stand up to nearly any college campus in the country. The architecture is stunning, and the livelihood of campus just gets me so excited. Even in the summer when the student capacity is cut in half if not more, there are still people milling around in the quad and in the library, talking and chatting, just enjoying each other's company. I love Southern hospitality. I honestly don't think I'd ever be able to live in the North. Here's a couple images I took this morning when I got out of my Basic Photography class.





No comments:

Post a Comment