Friday, October 23, 2009

Donaldsonville HS vs. University HS Football

A muddy, soggy field, below 60-degree temperatures, and no jacket to speak of, the DHS vs. UHS football game was fantastic. Sadly, I could only stay for the first half (I had a 9pm deadline for the Advocate). It was fraught with defense, with 4 interceptions and a fumble by DHS QB at the goal line. Yet, somehow, the score was tied 16-16 when I had to rush out to meet my deadline. I would have liked to stay, but, work calls. I have still yet to be entirely impressed by Louisiana high school football. I hail from Austin, Texas, the heart of the CenTex powerhouses of high school football. Friday Night Lights (movie and tv show)? Yeah, that's what my high school was like. The Glen Oaks vs. Tara game last week was similar to my high school's freshman or JV games. The DHS vs. UHS game really improved my viewpoint, but I was still less than impressed. The stands were a little more full, and the bands were slightly better rehearsed, but the overall experience wasn't thrilling. I wasn't mortified that I had to leave early. Anyways, here's a cool sideline shot of 2 Donaldsonville defenders after a big defensive stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment