Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Spring Break 2010 "Life in Texicolor"

The first half of my Spring Break has been busy, but relaxing. I've had some great time with good sweet friends and enjoyed some good ole Texas food. I adore this state and I adore my city. I love Austin, so much. The people, the parks, the food, the smells, the sights. All of it.

First big adventure of the week was a trip to the Barton Creek Greenbelt with my good friend Sarah Macias, former Zilker Park manager. We took a nice 5 mile hike through the greenbelt at sunrise, enjoying the sights and the sounds of God's beautiful creation. As Sarah said, "this preaches to me." God has always been so present to me in nature. His perfect and beautiful creation always blows me away.



Next adventure? Trip to the cliffs overlooking Lake Austin and the 360 bridge with my old photo buddy from high school, Barrett Wilson. I had never been there before, so Barrett directed me up the trail to the main clearing, and down the short trail to some better views. It was gorgeous. We spent a good amount of time up there, including watching Barrett climb down the cliffs and jump across gaps in the rocks. He seriously must have been trying to give me a heart attack. Well, he's always been a little crazy, so it didn't surprise me, just that motherly instinct jumped in. Anyways, here's a pretty successful panoramic.



And the next one? Another trip to the cliffs. This time I went up by myself at first, enjoyed some awesome alone time with God and my Bible. It was a perfect evening. 72 degrees and breezy. Brought my iPod, enjoyed some praise & worship music, and some time alone with God. It was perfect. Later on, Katie came and met me and we just talked. We caught up, chatted, talked about life, and enjoyed some great conversations. And naturally, just as the sun was setting, I had Katie "model the outline of her body" as she called it. I got her to pose with her arms outstretched on the cliff overlooking the lake and a gorgeous sunset. I was very pleased with the outcome.


And quite possibly my favorite adventure of the week: Drew & Ellie Holcomb's concert at Stubb's. Ever since Drew & Ellie played at Fronteir Ranch Young Life camp the summer after my junior year of high school, I've absolutely loved their music. They make their own style, their own genre. I love it. They have amazing stage presence, they're fantastic musicians, and they're even better people. What an awesome example of a great Christian marriage, glorifying God through their talents and their relationship. I hope that Ellie and I remain friends for years to come. Here's a favorite from the concert.


All in all... it's been a great week. Now I have to study? That's not fair.

No comments:

Post a Comment